India with a population of over 1.3 billion, has started to feel the pandemic to the full extent. It has crossed 100,000 in coronavirus cases and to top that off, more than 5500 cases have been registered in the last 24 hours. This is alarming, as this may lead to the high life and financial loss. India is very likely to become the next epicenter of the coronavirus pandemic, surpassing the United States. Globally the cases have reached 5 million and over 320,000 deaths.
- After Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu has become the state with most coronavirus cases in India.
- Maharashtra state has recorded over 37000 cases and Mumbai will not see any relaxations
- Uttar Pradesh, India’s most populous state has 4,926 COVID-19 cases. Fifty migrants returning home were tested positive.
- Telangana has stopped issuing passes to people wanting to return home from Maharashtra, Gujarat, Tamil Nadu, and Andhra Pradesh.
- A double challenge for the country is Cyclone Amphan, the worst storm over the Bay of Bengal in years.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) Executive Board chairman seat is to be taken by Harsh Vardhan Union Health Minister on May 22, officials said.
- Some 60 million people will be driven into extreme poverty, wiping out the gains made over the past three years, WHO warned on Tuesday.
The rapid increase in Coronavirus cases in India can be stopped or the “curve” can be flattened. if people exercise social distancing and avoid crowded places. Countries Pakistan and Germany as well as other European countries have started to loosen the lockdown. Bars have started to crowd as people say they can’t stay in so long without going out and meeting their friends. Governments are urging their citizens to social distance and stay at home as much as they can, as their and other’s safety lies in it.
You Should Also Read: Another Mystery Underlying Covid-19: The Kawasaki Syndrome